Friday, July 14, 2006

Beauty in simplicity.

Beauty in simplicity.
music: jack johnson - breakdown

It kinda feels like I've been gone for a long time, yet at the same time, not at all. Yes, the reason on why I drive some people so crazy sometimes has finally dawned - I am a walking contradiction. It kinda pleases me actually. I like being quirky, though I bet a certain man whose tail I step on ever so often these days will disagree.

I was at camp for barely two days and it feels like the week's passed me by. The following paragraph is my answer to the inevitable "How was camp?" question.

Camp was... pretty ordinary. Separate a bunch of eighty odd strangers into four orientation groups, play messy games on the pretext of bonding... I've just remembered why I've never been a fan of camps. People-wise, I feel old and somewhat wild amongst the mostly just out of JC peeps in my orientation group. I really miss my good old poly days of mucking around with the gang and our free-range jokes. At the same time, I'm bent on making the best of what I have chosen myself for the next four years.

Anyway, I left camp halfway for my piano exam (which sucked, am not elaborating) and I was rather dumbfounded by the sms update my campmate Charmain sent me last night. There's apparently been a lot of drama. Which I avoided, thankfully. I'll grill her and Erwin in detail on Sunday's tanning trip, assuming the camp didn't leave them in shackles.

Camp aside, I paid a visit for my hairdresser for the revival of my straight locks! I've kinda had it with the curls. I got the perm at a point in my life when I was desperate for a change, however small or drastic. Sure, the curls were pretty but they had taken on a (hellish) life of their own after six months. Moreover, permed hair and its maintenance just didn't go hand in hand with my beach, pool and sun lifestyle. So it's back to the good old basics for me. And I like it this way. :)

No comments: