Saturday, December 01, 2007

Wednesday's om and Friday's chow.

Wednesday's om and Friday's chow.

The dreaded exams are over, though the end doesn't relieve me from the 101 pre-departure things I have to do niggling at the back of my mind. This is the first festive season where I feel the stress creeping up, and not at all because of the festivities.

I can't quite believe that I'm leaving in less than a month. 27 days to be exact. And we haven't quite done much. Visa, nope. Ticket, not quite. Medical checkup, nope. Jabs, nope. Packing, nope. So I've got 27 days to do that, along with Christmas shopping, baking, cooking, and spending time with the loved ones I'm leaving behind for six months.

Just last week, I went about my daily Wednesday routine of heading for yoga class and barely hid my wry smile as I passed by two teens talking about heading over to MOS. Here they were dressed to the nines, and there I was, slouchily comfortable in yoga pants and flip flops.

I was glad that I was heading towards my solace, instead of having to jostle sweaty bodies in heels. A dull way to spend an evening stretching and doing backbends, instead of downing cocktails and shaking it up, one may think.

Wednesday's session is a cozy group, usually with myself, Ceci, Kevin the engineer and the girl in green (never got around to asking her name) present. Once in awhile we'll welcome a new face, but I like the easy camaraderie the four of us share. In that class, there is no fear of embarrassment nor the temptation to rest on our laurels. We struggle/push/get pulled (by Sunil) through the asanas, and get plenty of laughs out of simply trying. We've watched one aother grow, whille we too grew in our own ways. Kevin used to get pretty worn out mid-session, but he's the one doing headstands against the walls right now.

And just yesterday as I was in the studio, I thought it extremely ironic how I would miss my weekly sessions, even though I am heading for the motherland of yoga. Perhaps I'd find a fancy, but back here in Singapore, there's no better a way I would want to spend a Wednesday night.

Beats having to sit through a Malay exam like I did this week, but I spent the afternoon holed up with Tingyi in ACRC playing Scrabulous. I'm hooked. Hooked and not at all ashamed to admit it.

I managed to tear myself away from the game, and from the arresting intensity of my Nora Roberts novel, to head to Downtown East on Thursday. It was my first time at Escape Theme Park and boy, what a rush I had!

Regina and I started off with the scariest Inverter ride, though it somehow didn't seem as scary as the one Fagan and I hopped on after Ede's birthday bash. Well, very ride after the Inverter paled in comparison, and that kinda took the fun out of it, along with the fact that the Viking Ship was under maintenance. I love Viking and rollercoaster rides.






Regina and I patiently queuing up for the 15m water slide next, which had me soaked to the skin for the rest of the day.







Flying around on the Superman ride wasn't quite helpful in drying my wet clothes, though it did make me feel a little like a blouse in a tumble dryer. And gave me a pinked sunkissed nose.



A game of Monopoly to round the day off. I'm in the odd position as I couldn't get my wet clothes on the bed!

I spent the rainy afternoon in the salon today, then all but sprinted down to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner with Devina and Ceci. It's my first time there, and I would definitely be back. The pizza was good, and the dessert faultless.




The much talked-about Peking Duck Pizza. Wasn't that fantastic, but perhaps I'm more for classic pizza toppings.

I'm up to my last move for the night with Dunstan on Scrabulous, and Tingyi, the guy who started me on the addiction, comes online! I must resist.

And does anyone realise how chilly it is recently? I get cold fingers just from a ten minute brisk stroll through Orchard. I shudder, just thinking about India.

No comments: