Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The days leading up to THE day.

The days leading up to THE day.
music: jon mclaughlin - so close

As Shannon just reminded me - I've got 15 days. Come morning it'll be exactly two weeks to my Indian adventure. Thankfully, most of the administrative work has been done, and the only thing left is the inescapable task of packing. For someone who spends four hours ironing and packing for a five-day holiday, I can only imagine how long I'd take to pack for six months.

The jitters have yet to set in, perhaps because I've been busy meeting up with the people whom I care about enough to care that I wouldn't see them for six months. Quite a mouthful.


Saturday day out shopping with CH. We took a long dinner to rest our aching feet, as well as to have a good chat. I don't remember us having such an in-depth chat in the many years we've known each other, and he told me a few things that left me kinda flabbergasted, but what's said at the table stays at the table eh? :)




The yearly tradition of a Christmas movie with Justin and YH, though we kinda lost the Christmas bit the past two years. We watched Fast Food Nation in 2006, and The Golden Compass this year. We had Cedele pancakes before the movie, and headed over to Minds Cafe after where we had a whale of a time playing games like Bluff, Sleeping Queens, Smart Ass, and of course, Scrabble. Heh.


Erwin and I headed back to school yesterday for our three jabs - influenza, typhoid and hepatitis A. My arms are still a little sore today, but I'm thankful I didn't come down with any of the side effects, like fever.


Botak Jones for dinner, and those painted nails aren't mine.


After eons of talking about going to the outlet near our place, ZL and I finally made our pilgrimage last night, after his very successful newspaperman interview.

Two weeks to go, and many more people to meet.

This week
Tomorrow - Lanxi
Friday - Lunch with Shaun, dinner with bitch
Saturday - Jason's mom(?) and beers with Jinli Barbara Tan
Sunday - Movie with Ken and CH

Next week
Monday/Tuesday - Meet-ups with Kar Ern and Shannon?
Wednesday - Family doc for medical supplies
Thursday - Lunch with the babes
Saturday - Fag's chalet
Sunday - CS Christmas dinner

Next next week
Monday - Christmas eve dinner with Spottiswoode gang
Thursday - Departure

I need more time. Lots and lots of it.

No comments: