Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Possibilities.

Possibilities.

I had a spring in my step when I left my house this evening to collect my visa. I stared out of the bus window as it crawled through peak hour traffic, and imagined.

I hadn't done so in the longest time, and as I watched street scenes and weaved daydreams, I recovered the part of my soul that I thought I had lost to age and heartaches.

The power of imagination brings with it possibilities. Infinite promises, limited only by creativity.

Could this be why I fervently travelled at every opportunity the past 12 months? Could it be that my subconscious was seeking new opportunities that brought new possibilities?

On foreign land, every turn I made brought with it the possibility of something unexpected, something I wanted and imagined to be good.

Could it be that the reason behind my sudden wanderlust was brought on not only by my coming of age and a non-deficit bank account, but also by my heart's call for possibilities?

The possibility of turning a corner and spotting a quaint teahouse, or making a new friend on the plane. Or perhaps meeting a friendly local or two.

Subtly but unavoidably shutting myself off could have been my way of healing, but today without warning, my heart opened itself.

I have no clue what contributed to the unexpected recovery, but the recent heavy dosages of Nora Roberts novels and Gossip Girl videos could have brought out the dreamer in me. (On an entirely different note, Penn Badgley aka Dan Humphrey in GG is an ideal dream man.)


picture from http://www.penn-badgley.com/

My smiles came easy and naturally, and I even made a new friend, Manos, at the bus stop who told me all about India.

Possibilities are everywhere, really. It's all a matter of opening up your mind and heart.

No comments: