Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas, with love.

Merry Christmas, with love.

Christmas 2006 was spent in the chilly winds of Bangkok, where (I can now admit) I was delaying having to heal my battered heart. It's been a trying year, but I've finally arrived at where I wanted, stronger and more whole than I have ever been. And that is more than enough reason to give thanks this holiday season.

As I'm leaving in a couple of days, I brought Christmas home this year and hosted two gatherings. The eve of the eve with the CS bunch also served as a final gathering before we all left for our respective exchange countries.


Bacon-wrapped asparagus, baked penne with italian sausages and apricot pork chops. A huge thank you to Cheryl, Daph and Lays for helping me out in the kitchen.







Christmas Eve was particularly meaningful this year, for it was spent in the company of dear friends, most of them people I grew up with. There was the Spottiswoode and ZPS gang, my bitch, my running/beaching bud, and my yoga/holiday/new-age girlfriend.




Baked mushrooms with feta cheese and Kar Ern's mushroom soup for starters, baked pork chops with apples for the main.


Then there was the potato salad Lanxi and Ern tossed, as well as the melt-in-the-mouth brownie I am exceptionally proud of! Check out our makeshift Christmas tree... sure gives a whole new meaning to presents under the tree!

And being our usual quarrelsome selves, bitch and I just had to spar while doing the dishes. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard doing the dishes before. Here's Kenrick's document of the fiasco.


Ceci and Lanxi had to come mediate. Haha.




Gift exchange was chaos!


Bitch with the sexy thong I got her, Ken giving two thumbs up to the cardigan I got him, Ken again this time posing with the monkey boxers Ceci got him, and Chun Huat dubiously eyeing his pink piglet boxers.



While the rest got trigger happy, I got tarot happy with the deck Ceci got me. Nothing malicious, just intuitive, and I gave everybody free readings!





The ZPS bunch stayed on, and we dug up and laughed at my primary school autograph book entries.
Me (to Ken): Who's David Tan?
Ken: Who?
Me: You wrote that he's your favourite schoolmate.
Ken (looking distressed): HUH? Who's David Tan???

And guess what CH wrote in my Tweety Bird autograph book? "I hate Tweety." HAHA. What a Christmas eve.

After getting stuffed at the family lunch earlier today, I trudged ('cos of the heavy belly) down to Borders Bistro to catch up with Karin who's back from Aussieland.


Ceci and I then zipped up to Cedele for dinner with Jemo, who gamely fed my final craving of Cedele and beef.

I love Christmas.



Happy holidays everybody!

No comments: