Saturday, December 15, 2007

Warm me on a chilly day.

Warm me on a chilly day.

Amidst the weak sunshine the past couple of days was the overhanging presence of rain. While it held off long enough for CH and I to swim (in water so cold I feared pneumonia) earlier today, icy torrents fell in the afternoon.

And on this cold afternoon, a special guest came by, and inadvertently warmed the gloomy chill. Familiarity and an unforgotten ease.



And instead of snuggling up in bed while the rain battered the windows, I zipped out to Brewerkz for food and beer with my favourite drinking buddy, JinliBarbara.



It was essential that I had my beef and booze intake before heading to India, where I'm guessing both would be hard to come by.

I returned home to find that the guest came back later on, and the words related to me lit a tiny glow. Love takes you by surprise, indeed.

Hmm. Croaking frogs and rain-dampened earth shall accompany me to bed.

No comments: