Thursday, December 27, 2007

Embarkation.

Embarkation.
feeling: nervous


http://www.flickr.com

When I initially decided to save this entry for the last minute, I imagined myself channeling introspection while lounging in my rattan chair, with my luggage neatly packed.

But of course, lounge really isn't quite the word to use at 1:28 in the morning, and after hours of futile effort, my luggage is still way overweight. I've given up, and am willing to pay the charges in exchange for my remaining sanity.

Bitch and Vincent came by for dinner and to bring me an alternative luggage, and she sat me through a "come on you don't need 20 pairs of pants" session. I love my best friend, even though her petty hate towards my purple fisherman pants is unfounded.

And of course, there's Ern who played messenger between her SIA relatives and me, and Ceci, who sat me through a "come on you don't need 5 sweatshirts" phone conversation after Bitch left.

And the many well wishers, whom I know are worried. As CH aptly put it, "I think all of us are excited but worried for you".

I'm worried too. The nerves have finally cut through the impassivity, and assaulting me in random bouts. There's danger and uncertainty in everyday life, but this trip seems to up the quotient! And or course, chancing upon a guidebook stating the India Rail as the world's most dangerous with 400 to 500 crashes annually doesn't quite calm the soul.

Yet, I know it would be an adventure of a lifetime, and one where my independence would possibly be stretched and challenged. And while the comforts of home will be sorely missed, I am looking forward to the change. India, here I come!

P.s. I didn't set up a special blog for it, so check back here regularly for updates. If need be, brutally tell me should I gain weight so I'd lay off the curries, haha.

No comments: