Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Twisted knickers and broken hearts.

Twisted knickers and broken hearts.
feeling: cheerful
music: lecturer's drone on media planning

The smell of clean laundry drying in the corridors, and an intangible musky, but not unpleasant, smell. I've never been all ra-ra about hall life, and I haven't been around that much, choosing to go home for emotional refuge. Yet yesterday, in the span of one night, I was reminded of the pleasant familiarities. Coming 'home' to a hysterical catch-up with the room-mate, going out for a sunset jog with Silver, stopping to chat with the neighbours, friends dropping by with supper invitations and to offer snacks, and the noisy greetings and horsing about along the hallways.

And despite wanting to get my full eight hours of shut-eye, I stayed way past the 11 p.m. bedtime I'd self-imposed, chatting with an unintended confidante about dilemmas, twisted knickers, and broken hearts. Long drawn out doubts reached semi-clarity, but that was nothing my rationale could not have already concluded. It's annoying, how women oddly fancy being bastardised. Equally annoying is how humans never quite want what is right beneath our upturned noses.

Unnecessary dilemmas aside, I am inspired to train and run a, well, run. The lecture theatre's firewall has blocked the Singapore Sports Council site, so I can't quite find any as of now. Tag me, if anybody has an upcoming event to recommend.

Why do I even bother waking up for a lecture I barely pay attention to? 'Cos I'm a sucker for his media gossip, haha!

My empty stomach's growling. I've stopped stocking my hall room pantry, and it is empty safe for instant coffee and Weet-bix. Great breakfast food, come to think of it. Alright, I've just been succumbing to later and later lie-in mornings. Haha! Lecture's over. Time to grab a sandwich and to sit down for a project brainstorm. I love projects. No sarcasm.

There's quite a bit to look forward to today. Darren's gonna show me the mortifying recording for my one-hit-'wonder' gig, I'm hitting the pool with the girls, and there's pizza block supper tonight. Off I go.

No comments: