Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Over to you, '07.

Over to you, '07.

The last few days of 2006 passed by in a blur. There was the gathering at Daph's on Friday where we sampled one another's culinary prowess, and the car wash the very next morning. Needless to say, most of us were semi-stoned. My brother came down and left $80 bucks. I was, hmm, touched.



Then there was grocery shopping at Vivocity on Saturday night. (Un)fortunately, the boutiques were opened till 11ish that night, and Michelle whipped me into a frenzy with her fervent clothes-trying. And may I say, Captain Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch is my new favourite breakfast food?





Barely ten hours after we parted after our shopping trip, I met up with bitch again for a morning swim for I thought I wouldn't see her till 2007. She made it down to my place with Vincent in the end, so yep, it was yet another year of counting down with her around.

It was a cosy night with Ceci, CH, Faggy, Ken, Shannon, Bitch and Vince. My Thai spread didn't turn out that great, and my buncha friends didn't let me hear the end of it! (Check out Vincent's grimace in the last shot.) Thank goodness my Mango with Lemongrass Infused Syrup (sounds grand but it isn't really) semi-redeemed me. I hope they don't shun next year's dinner. I'll try harder guys! Lol. I'll test run those recipes first.

2006 has been a year of many changes, some of which have followed me into the new year. While I would have liked to cross over to 2007 all cheery and upset-free, the new found practical me has decided to suppress the superstitions and not place time-related implementations on life. Then again, new year resolutions kinda make us cherish the time we have and make the most out of it. Constructive or stupid? I haven't quite decided.

Till then, it's back to msn, where my bitch is tickling me silly with the weirdest lines.
"Have you tried all the ang ku kuehs in the akk family?"



Here's to 2007 and new beginnings.

No comments: