Sunday, January 07, 2007

In a swing overlooking the skyline.

In a swing overlooking the skyline.
feeling: slightly optimistic
music: sister hazel - your winter

School starts tomorrow. I'm supposed to be back in hall, but the thought of cleaning up that dust hole had me postpone the move till tomorrow morning. Which means I have to be up at bright (more like dark) and early at 6 a.m. Hurray.

I've never quite had the habit of making new year resolutions (it's embarrassing, putting down in black and white resolutions you know you probably will not get around to keeping), but one particular one has been sneaking up on me - be punctual! Punctuality is seriously underrated.

I was doing a bit of reminiscing earlier in the afternoon, thinking of my poly days in the htmig. The times we were chased out of school by the security guards and how we continued our meetings at the bus-stop. We'll end way past midnight and usually return to school the next morning for an event. That was me, at the peak of my drive and passion.

I have become such a lazy bum. I wish I could find a way to channel some of that drive into the million things I have set to accomplish. That said, I am trying to get over the habit of procrastinating. And this has got nothing to do with new year resolutions.

I've emailed that editor; I've called up a driving instructor; and I have an interview as a piano teacher scheduled on Friday. I've asked CH along (to ensure I wouldn't succumb to the lazy side) to go down to the driving centre on Saturday to apply for our PDLs, and I am going to start sourcing for yoga classes. In fact I am going to source for them right now. Any recommendations? No big studios like Pure Yoga or True Yoga please!

No comments: