Sunday, January 14, 2007

Night of a thousand lanterns.

Night of a thousand lanterns.
feeling: cold, sleepy






KTV-ing with the gang has made me realise just how backward my taste in Mandarin pop is. My suggestions of songs almost always result in blank stares! It was yet another of our lung-busting sessions that involved many hilarious mispronounciations [shui bu zhao jiao (can't get to sleep) become shui bu jiao jiao!] and cracking voices.

Walked around Chinatown for abit after, and the area was weirdly crowd-free despite the upcoming Lunar New Year. It was a little disappointing to not experience the festive buzz, but I can definitely do without jostling crowds. Tried out the traditional desserts at a corner shop, and while variety definitely wasn't the shop's forte, ALL we ordered was spoon licking good. And I have discovered a new place for my toiletry-shopping. Hah! I'm kissing my auntie-in-Thailand-Watsons-days goodbye.

Today's plan was to visit the Sungei Road thieves' market for a look-see and to snap some pictures, but the rain started the minute I reached Little India. Seriously. So we whiled away the afternoon eating nasi briyani at a cornershop in Dunlop St. (reminds me so much of Khao San, Ceci) and gelato at Greenwood. I've read so much about Greenwood in magazines, and I assumed it to be the playground of the rich and status-crazy, but it was surprisingly down to earth. A little like Sixth Avenue.

So here I am back home with a satisfied tummy but a grouchy camera. I've yet to dress for tonight's dinner, and I am still contemplating whether to return to hall tonight. Yes, no. Yes, no. Yes. No. Arghs. I'm too cold and sleepy to think.

No comments: