Sunday, January 28, 2007

Seeking conclusion, from all this confusion.

Seeking conclusion, from all this confusion.
feeling: choked
music: norah jones - thinking about you

Ever had a question you had no answer to? Or no credible reply? When I allow it, a kaleidoscope of mismatched thoughts fill my mind, especially that of a 2004 beach tarot reading. A million such questions and an unsavoury cocktail of emotions. I can't decide if Wednesday was a smart or dumb decision, and if it brought a certain closure or gnawed at unhealed wounds.

On that note, I can hardly wait for Norah Jones' latest cd to be out. I heard a couple of the songs, and apart from the fact that I am such a huge fan of her music, her lyrics seem to be describing my life right now. It's inspirational and healing in a way, and maybe that is what people meant when they said good lyrics are universal.

Why do my weekends always whizz by? Enjoyed a leisure dinner that lasted three hours with my sis at Borders Bistro yesterday, after our haircuts. Three hours, in the unwilling company of the table of three behind us who were happily getting pissed on three bottles of white wine/champagne. Come on, it was only 7 p.m. when they started sway-walking. We were bemused.

It's past midnight, but my brother's still over at our place, playing interior designer. The entire household's still awake, stuffed from Mom's birthday dinner earlier. All the aircons have been fixed, and repainting's next on the agenda. After spending an absurdly long time poring over the color catalogue, I've decided to go with an earthy khaki and gentle turquoise for my room. I really do fancy having a brick red feature wall, but my siblings' fengshui talk got to me. And you're wondering where I got that new-age streak??

Enough of that new-age mambo jumbo, and back to the topic at hand. Once my koyak grey built-in wardrobe's replaced with a nice wooden one (not till post Chinese New Year me thinks), and once I've gotten rid of all the junk like my even more koyak computer table, I'll hop down to Ikea for wooden blinds, a nice wooden desk, a new bookshelf and a tv table. And finally, a chance for the hammock I picked up in Bali, which i'd initially deemed an unworthy indulgence. My sister will be getting me two sturdy poles from her bestie, who is coincidentally named Michelle, haha. I'm so glad I had the good sense to buy the string lamps from Bangkok. And I've got quite a collection of knick knacks stashed away from my previous travels to add a bit of ethnic pizzazz.

Just think, my very own ethnic/resort inspired sanctuary, with a swinging hammock. I'm psyched!

A lil something for laughs - a short exchange between my brother (yeah, the one with the imaginary friend) and I at dinner earlier.

Me: Why the jacket?
Him: It's my new uniform! I wear a jacket everyday. Smart right?
Me: -studies him. Nope, not smart enough.
Him: 'Cos I'm wearing a tee inside now la. I wear a BLACK shirt on weekdays.
Me: Wah, so cool. You think you sell guns is it?
Him: No. I sell hand weapons. Wanna do, must do big. My guns is the kind need two, three people to operate one.
Me: LOL.

Time for bed. Brunch with Ceci and Jem tomorrow. I could seriously get used to this routine. Brunch, munch, smunch.

No comments: