Sunday, January 28, 2007

Easy breezy.

Easy breezy.
feeling: remiscent/daydreamy
music: jem - flying high

The bus wound past the riverside, slowly enough for me to take in the sights. Early birds having a cuppa at the new Starbucks outlet, sleeping bars, and a lone man jogging along the river. The riverside has held my romanticisms of idealism, ever since a friend brought me on an evening stroll some years back.

I remember walking past a quaint little Japanese cafe/bookshop which I have still yet to check out, past a bar that had sunchairs laid out (for people who are silly enough to tan by the river I assume), past families barbecuing by the riverside; and thinking how much I would love living in the area in the future. Beach sunsets are undeniably sexy, but there is an old-fashioned beauty about watching the sun set on the river. Kinda like the movie poster for Before Sunset.


Picture from http://www.impawards.com

The bus ultimately drove out of idealism into reality at Paragon, where Ceci and I went nuts at the Island Shop sale while waiting for Jem. Never, ever, shop before breakfast. The cafes we checked out quite didn't measure up to our good old favourite Cedele, so that was where we ended up once again.



Jem, "Look there, look there."



Like Ceci aptly puts it, "Nobody quite serves breakfast like Cedele."

No comments: