Thursday, January 25, 2007

A solitary adventure.

A solitary adventure.

I think my life is a gym ball, and I refuse to get on it. Not on the ball, get it? I disturbingly enjoy planning my schedule ahead, and while I'm not saying it is a bad thing, I just don't enjoy last minute situations or crop ups. Which is what life is about ain't it? Grabbing life by the balls or horns or what not.

I had barely a day's notice, but I threw my irritating habit of inertia to the wind, prepped my portfolio and headed down to SPH for my writing test. I think I did fine by my own standards, but only time will tell if I meet that of SPH's. Fingers crossed!

The Media Centre seemed a bit out of the way, but the weather was cool albeit abit overcast, and with brief directions from the friendly guard, I set about to find my way home (there was only one bus at the stop so I couldn't go wrong). I was thrilled when the bus emerged from foreign land towards a familiar bus-stop. I quickly alighted, fully intending to hop on bus 147, but instead hopped on another, thinking it would bring me home as well. Instead of heading straight, the bus drove towards a huge roundabout, and horrors of all horrors, I realised I was headed in the opposite direction, away from my house. I was seriously contemplating torturing my poor bladder and taking the bus all the way to Eunos, but inspiration struck, and I got off the minute I saw an overhead bridge. The rest, as they say, is genius history.

I think my sense of direction is improving!

No comments: