Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Playing catch-up.

Playing catch-up.

feeling: reflective
spinning: easy as the rain by norah jones and the little willies

Whenever Lanxi and I meet up for our tanning/shopping session, we will inevitably reminiscise about the "good ol' days". Over today's lunch of ramen, we talked about the times when we used to hang out at the Macdonald's at King Albert Park (we call it K.A.P) after school and the many characters we met there. One of the guys had a short stint as a model, and another apparently has universities fighting for him. And a little bird told us that the queen of flirts has gained enough pounds to fall off her throne. We were all so young, I don't think any of us ever imagined ourselves to turn out the way we do now. I would say most of us polished up pretty well!

For the first time in our many reminiscising sessions and in many long gone years, memories of my very first boyfriend came to mind. For the first time in my three years on Friendster, I decided to check out his profile. I stared at his picture for quite awhile, trying to recall what it was about him that had me head over heels in infatuation. I can't remember.

However, a part of me that died with those faded memories came back alive. For a moment, I was the idealistic young girl once again - naively unpolished and with a vivid imagination. For the first in a very long while, I dreamed, and for a split second, my thirteen year old's gusto for life and impatience to grow up quickly filled me. I'm barely twenty, but I feel so old.

No comments: