Thursday, May 18, 2006

Goodbye fashion mayhem.

Goodbye fashion mayhem.

After weeks of countless whining, today marked my last day at the magazine. It's something that I have been procrastinating for ages and I am glad I took that final step. You might not know, but I have quit many a part-time job through sms! Friggin' rude I know, but that was just how much I hated confrontation.

It took a hell lot of courage to bring up the matter to my stylist I tell you, but I sure am glad I didn't chicken out of doing this whole face-to-face thing. Instead, she thanked me for telling her and was really nice about it.
*A million thanks to the peeps who have patiently bore the brunt of my complaints and given me the many courage-inducing pep talks!

Same for my editor when she found out. For years I've seen her pictures in magazines wondering if I'd ever have the chance to work for her and suddenly there I was in her office listening to her tell me how great I was and how she'd hate to see me go.

I haven't revealed this to many, but I was really bummed when Cl** didn't even reply my internship request. I looked through my work and the fear that my writing style didn't fit in a magazine crossed my mind many a time.

I know I have done a great job during this short stint and I have proved to myself and others that I do have what it takes to be a magazine writer. Many may ask why I am quitting a job which I have always professed to love. Well, in the course of pursuing what I thought would be my dream career, I've realized that it is not as fulfilling as I had imagined it to be.

I still feel like a little girl where my dreams and ideals are concerned, but I've decided not to rush it. For now, I'm happy to be a drifter. One day I believe, I will find my true calling.

This will probably be my last post till I return from Phuket. Let's hope it'd be a good break for me. :)

No comments: