Saturday, May 13, 2006

13may - sandcastle

Don't build castles in the air


That was how I spent my Saturday afternoon - at the beach on a cloudy day building sandcastles from the post-rain sand. So much for getting some sun to warm up the recent leaking nose.

Was watching some entertainment show Jaymee Ong was hosting and Jason and I both agreed that her whiney nasal voice was -shakes head-. Funny how we never noticed that earlier. Anyway, I saw the clip from The Devil Wears Prada. (The one where Jazzy and BK said I reminded them of the poor protagonist...) Guess who's playing me! Anne Hathaway from the Princess Diaries! Haha. And Meryl Streep's the prada clad devil.

That served as a reminder for me to rethink my whole situation. To be perfectly honest, I'm rather enjoying my internship. While eating, living and breathing fashion can get abit OTT at times, I am still ultimately female, so I don't get turned off the way I probably would if I were facing IT news 24/7. However, the lack of income's really getting to me. Now, I admit that I've never been one to live on a shoestring budget, but things are really getting ridiculous. Urghs. I hate being plagued by such self-created problems.

On a lighter note, Ken passed me a kit kat tin with a note that said "Save lots of money with this can, can. Haha. Remember, money can only go in, not out! All the best!" Friends rock.

This fact has been bugging me ever since I read it in Shape: Think about this - TWO Egg McMuffin from (duh) MacDonalds and Coffee Bean's Breko Day set. (The latter basically consists of two sausages, scrambled eggs, toast and fruit if I remember correctly.) Which has more calories???
Well surprise surprise, but Breko Day actually contains a whooping 890 calories, as compared to 300 calories per Egg McMuffin! You can stuff yourself silly with 2 and a half Egg McMuffins and still save 140 calories. Got it off my chest alright. Trivia time's over!

No comments: