Thursday, August 10, 2006

I tell you that hat, don't fit my head.

I tell you that hat, don't fit my head.
music: joss stone - the chokin' kind

Tomorrow's yet another day I'll have to spend without my computer. I really ought to place my order for a laptop tomorrow, though I am still deciding between a normal pc and a mac. Dilemmas dilemmas. I think I make things too hard for myself sometimes. I'll just go with my gut tomorrow.

I don't know how this is gonna make me sound but today was the first in several years that I'd actually sat down to watch the whole parade on tv from the start to the end. I was watching some movie on the couch with Jason when the greyish clouds parted and mild sunlight peeked through. It was an afternoon that made me think of a field of red poppy flowers, don't ask.

The sunlight was warm and inviting and I was filled with a sudden urge to be outside in its gentle warmth. Jason wasn't exactly dressed for the beach so I thought I'd try my luck with the next best place that reminded me of red poppy flowers.

Me: "Wanna go down to Ikea after this show ends?"
Jason: "For what? You wanna buy something?"
Me: "No, walk around. It's too beautiful a day to spend cooped up inside."
Jason: "It's almost 4 now!"
Me: "So?"
Jason: "National Day Parade starts at 6! We'll never make it back in time!"
Me: "Oh, you wanna watch?"
Jason: -mouth agape- "You mean you don't?"
Me: "Eh, I'm okay whether we watch it or not."
Jason: "What?! It's the National Day Parade!!!"

Me: -sheepish smile-
Jason: "Oh my god! You're so unpatriotic!" -goes into rant about how he feels everytime he watches the parade-

Haha. I am feeling pretty amused. I had no idea I was dating such a patriot.

Time to get some shut eye. I gotta be up in 5 hours for the poly exemption talk. Hitting the school pool with Lanxi after that. Toodles.

No comments: