Tuesday, December 27, 2005

When all the clocks stop ticking.

When all the clocks stop ticking.
Feeling: Incompetent and a little like a walking time-bomb.

I feel like I've been running an endless race ever since school started. Work's been piling since day 1, and until now, there are still times when I feel like I've yet to make sense of what is happening.

My way of coping was to bury myself in nonsense, and I guess I've been subconsciously filling my schedule to the brim. Even my precious mornings have morphed into mad rushes. To the gym, to the pool, to breakfast dates, to meetings, to school... I can't remember the last time I've had time to sit at the table for a long leisure breakfast with the morning papers and a nice cuppa. Blind sabotage - that's what I call what I'm doing.

I don't think I have quite adjusted back to poly life. The mental block that's been plaguing me since day 1 has yet to go away, despite my initial optimism. It's still there, right at the very centre of my mind, obstructing my train of thoughts. I doubt a good shaking, a tight slap and a hard shove against the wall would help dissolve the block, but all are welcome to try.

A little comfort's all I need. Solutions, however useful, just make me want to scream.

No comments: