Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Blooming buds and purple-tinged petals.

Blooming buds and purple-tinged petals.


Aren't these pretty?

Changing out of my jeans and slipping into my shorts, I scrubbed my face and crawled into bed. The late afternoon sun rays peered through my window, casting shadows on my resting form. It was just at sunset that I awoke, fresher, like a blooming flower bud.

Last night's sleep was clouded with dreams. Visiting a colonial building with renowned Nonya food; taking Tiger Airways to Bangkok only to find out that the airplane had morphed into a bus... such adventures in dreamland made me feel like I'd barely slept a wink. It's therefore no surprise that the urge to nap engulfed me on my bus ride home.

Whenever stress hits, I get the urge to either bake or write songs. I shared Square Room with my piano teacher this morning, and here's what she said.
"I'm impressed. I can never do what you do with the piano. You know what, you should keep writing songs whenever you're stressed and stop baking me cookies."
I don't know whether to be flattered, of insulted, haha!

Human perceptions baffle, yet at the same time, intrigue me.
"She had a reason for doing those nails."
What is your interpretation of the above statement?
a. She's painting her nails 'cos she's got a hot date.
b. She's painting someone else's nails 'cos she's a manicurist to earn a living.
c. Others
Please share with me. :)

Just had my simple but wholesome dinner of veggie soup with rice. It's my auntie's birthday this coming Monday and the famous Khoo dilemma - deciding where to go for birthday treats, has just been solved by Daddy dearest. Some eatery at Purvis Street. Hmm. We'll see on Sunday. :)

No comments: