Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It's been awhile since we entered those woods.

It's been awhile since we entered those woods.

Yesterday marked the first day of my study break for Friday's Calculus paper, and I spent a huge part of it on a whole lotta Christmas shopping instead. Hahaha. Did an impromptu run with Ken in the morning. It was relaxing, running where our legs took us, and we even did a round through the "forbidden woods". I've never stepped in there for at least a year, ever since I saw the bloodied carcass of some dead animal. The dogs in those woods are ferocious, trust me.

Met "Sister Yvonne" (ROFL) for an afternoon swim in Delta thereafter, and it was more of a laugh than a workout I think, but I'd spare you guys the crude (and extremely hilarious) details. Let's just say I'm hoping karma doesn't whip me back in the face.

Zipped down to Ikea for meatballs thereafter, and I returned home with two shopping bags chock-full of gifts and knick knacks. The shopaholic never ceases. :) Rushed down for shopping part 2 with Ceci in the night and we trawled (almost) the whole of Orchard Road before collapsing at Cartel with Joe and our waffle dinners. Knackered.

I didn't get outta bed till past eleven. So sorry I had to cancel our lunch date Ceci. Will make it up babe, promise. :) Lounging around on my couch listening to Santana post-workout has started my day right, despite the late start, haha. I'm so prepared for this evening's (I predict) draining meeting. And I officially declare Sideways by Santa ft. Citizen Cope the make-out song for the rest of 2005. Never a sexier song I've heard.

You know it aint easy
For these thoughts here to leave me
No words to describe it
In French or in English
'Cause diamonds they fade
And flowers they bloom
And I'm tellin' you

These feelings won't go away
They've been knockin' me sideways
They've been knockin' me out lately
Whenever you come around me
These feelings won't go away
They've been knockin' me sideways
I keep thinkin' in a moment that
Time will take them away
These feelings won't go away
These feelings won't go away

Challenges. Bite me.

No comments: