Saturday, December 10, 2005

If I didn't write it down, it never happened.

If I didn't write it down, it never happened.
Spinning: Robert Downey Jr & Vonda Shepard - Chances Are
Feeling: Everything I shouldn't be feeling.


It's only been slightly over a week, but it feels like I've been bogged down by the whole CPM shit forever. Nothing could quite describe the sheer relief that filled me once we'd shown him our amended copy. We're back on track honeys.

I thoroughly relished the long bus ride to town. The sun rays slipping in through dusty windows, the familiar turn at City Hall, the lazy serenity of a Friday evening... I tried my utmost to let the intangible enjoyment seep into my bones.

Spent the next couple of hours trawling town for the many elusive perfect presents. I'd over-optimistically expected to get my shopping done within 2 hours and had even envisioned winding down at Coffee Bean with a cuppa and my notebook while waiting for Ceci. Despite her being an hour late, I was barely a quarter through my shopping when we met up, haha! So much for a quiet me-evening.

I think I've gotten too used to being called "mummy". I actually turned and almost replied with a "yes?" when I heard the teenage girl beside me. Thank goodness my reflexes weren't fast, for she was calling out for her real mummy.

The light dinner with my two girls at Coffee Club was enjoyable. We bumped into Frog, whom I know as Jason's Hospi buddy, who also turns out to be Ceci's ex-secondary-school-classmate. I'd never doubted it when people say it's a small world; I just never expected it to be this small that's all, haha. We hung out abit as he waited for the rest of the Hospi guys to come down for their drinking session. Us girls took the (slightly) healthier alternative and went in search of dessert, lol.

"The other line always moves faster until you join it." Got this off a book of quotes. How true. I always seem to choose the slowest-moving lines, haha! Moral? Never ever queue up with Leigh.


--

A friend got her heart bruised today. Though she tried her damnest to deny that she'd let him get to her, I could see the truth reflected in those eyes. All I could offer was a hug, and to stroke her hair.

--

No comments: