Monday, December 05, 2005

The chilli padi speaks.

The chilli padi speaks.

If the Monday blues symptom really exists, then I sure got it bad today. I was one angsty chilli padi the whole morning, and my zippy pre-lesson gym session did little, if not nothing, to soothe the frustration. What it is exactly I'm frustrated over, I don't know.

Through sms
J: Maybe you can do your quiet thing.
L: What quiet thing?
J: The one where you retreat into yourself for ten seconds whenever you're angry.

I wasn't even aware he noticed. Comments like these blow me away - kinda make me realise Jason ain't as lost in his own world as he seems to be, haha.

The foul mood dissolved as the day passed though, and I was pretty much settled by the time I headed back to Sentosa for the meeting. What I hadn't quite expected was the sense of longing that hit me as I hopped on the yellow line down the familiar route to the office, and walking into the Communications department like I used to every weekday till a month ago. Seeing Ani again doubled the joy, I couldn't resist flinging myself into his arms. Pity I missed Robin and Pat! I miss the island, quite badly in fact.

The meeting went rather well, and I felt that it helped clear many prior doubts. I sorta feel like a load's been lifted off my shoulders. Had a quick tea and cake session with Ceci after she knocked off at Coffee Club, before heading home to an indulgent 1 hour of Nora Roberts. I'm done with the MacKades! Romance novels always make me feel that little light-headed.

Time for bed - have got a swimming date at 9.45 in the morning. Lessons stretch all the way till 7 tomorrow.. Am sure gonna need the energy boost! :)

No comments: