Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sometimes I wonder who I'd be today.

Sometimes I wonder who I'd be today.
Funk: Chris Cagle - Miss Me Baby
Feeling: Lonesome


I'm not particularly a fan of country music, but this song blew me away when I heard it on Jason's ipod. It's now on constant replay on Yahoo music videos. What's it about cowboys? That hat.. those tight jeans... that swagger. So not my type, haha. Two more songs I wanna spin.
  • Rascal Flatts - Bless The Broken Road
  • Peter Frampton - Baby I Love Your Way, though I personally prefer INXS finalist Mig Ayesa's rendition. It made me cry. The CD's out I think. I am so gonna get it if his rendition's in.

All previous inspiration to write had been channelled into my Dubai reflection paper, thus the short hiatus from blogging. After days of staring at the word document with writer's block, I am proud to say I'm finally done with it. What a load off my back. :) If there's one thing I fear most, it would be to lose my ability to express my feelings in words. Then again, this paper was a toughie as I didn't feel much for Dubai to begin with, lol.

Today's late morning swim did good in waking me up from my sleepy state. Swam 10 laps on my own before Kelly joined me. We did another 10, then chilled for awhile exchanging girly gossip. Nice start to a day. :)

Today's Calculus lecture was a riot! Jane and I were giggling away like crazy baboons at everything from Marc to wearing bunny slippers to next week's OCS social night. Ever had times when every single thing cracks you up? Today was one of those times, haha. Read on only if you appreciate twisted dry humor.

Me: That lecturer's blouse is so translucent.
Marc: I didn't know you like married women with three kids.
Me: Haha I prefer those with 5 kids.
Marc: What is this, you paedophile and what!
Me: I'm a mamophile. (Mom as in mother.)


-Jane leaning on me and repeatedly banging her head against my shoulder.
Me: -turning to her- "Can you stop humping my shoulder?"
-Jane cracks up-
-Lecturer throws us a dirty look-
-Basic instinct had me covering Jane's ears-
-Jane laughs harder-
Jane: "Babe, you know covering my ears won't stop me from laughing right?"


Marc turns to write something on Jane's book. It reads "da4 dan3 mao1", loosely translated as "brave cat".
-Jane and I turn to look at him questioningly-
That boy actually meant to write "da4 fei2 zhu1", or "fat pig"!!! I knew his Chinese was bad, but I never knew it was this bad. Hahaha!

Time to start cracking on writing those Christmas cards.

No comments: