Sunday, February 26, 2006

Who am I in this island of life?

Who am I in this island of life?

Bumming around not only turns my brains to mush, it increases my irritability by a good 100 percent as well. Though I haven't really been stuck at home all day doing the couch potato thing, my mind, body and soul all seem to be telling me that they've had enough of the whole swimming and socializing routine. And I'd better stop before I get hooked on those Monday night sitcoms and American Idol (Ace Young!).

Seated at Lido, staring out at the bustling crowds (mostly families) in Isetan whilst Jason wolfed down his kebabs, the cranky-monkey struck. I started wondering if those people ever got bored of life, like I was at the present moment.

Me: "There's hardly anything interesting to do these days. Don't these people ever get bored?"
Jason: "You don't always need to have something to do. Sometimes you need time to unwind and relax."


Now it's finally struck me. I've morphed into this cranky monster because I am not used to not having something to do! When I was up to my neck in work, all I dreamed of was a week of NOTHING but bumming. Barely a week into my bumming, I am lamenting about how I've run out of things to do. Am I incredulous? I sure think I am.

Me: "And what will happen if we do get married? We can't keep doing nothing for so many years!"
Jason: "Aiyah, we will have a kid already what."


I am highly tickled by how he thinks having a child will cure a married couple from boredom.

Here's a quotable quote from Rumour Has It - "Being with him was adventure, but it is you that I can build my life with." That got me tearing!

Can someone tell me why my quarter-life-crisis-attacks happen in 3-month intervals??? I think I'm having yet another. I hope getting away from Singapore will sorta clear my head a 'lil and provide me with some direction.

Till the Bangkok trip (Friday!) comes and goes, tomorrow marks the start of yet another week of my swimming-socializing routine. And some Bangkok planning of course. Urghs. I'd better get me something to do before the cranky monster strikes again.

No comments: