Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Murphy's Law in Action

Murphy's Law in Action

Today is the day when everything went wrong. Okay, maybe not everything, but enough to make me feel like blue-nosed Rudolph.

Work was fine actually, no complaints... 'cept for the fact that I'm starting to feel claustrophobic stuck in the office all day. I think I check my mail twice in 5 minutes. That makes it 24 times an hour.

I think my body's starting to protest at its inactivity. I awoke at 6am this morning with an insane urge to work out, so I did some dance exercise video in the dawn whilst my mom watched on, extremely amused.

A tiny but significant turn in events made me want to curl up and cry, and start throwing things around all at the same time. Some things force you to put your life into perspective, but sometimes, avoidance just feels so damn good. After the twenty minute pre-lunchtime anger, I totally switched my mind off and stared at the greenery whilst waiting for Ailing to join me at Subway.

Had a long talk with Jason over a pizza dinner. It was kinda therapeutic to release all that pent-up tension, but it sorta made my tangled train of thoughts a little more complex too.
Come to think of it, it's quite weird. For once, I managed (for awhile at least) to listen to him like he's the accomplished senior dishing out work advice, instead of my boyfriend.

It sucks having an over-developed mind with an intricate thought process. I think I need to go for some new-age rebirthing class.

No comments: