Friday, June 03, 2005

Just like Gooey Marshmallows

Just like Gooey Marshmallows
I can't seek an explanation for the lovey dovey mood I'm in these couple of days. Maybe because a certain someone's in camp and I haven't seen a certain animal in days. Oh well. I'm feeling happy though. :)

Another work week's flew by. Let's hope the flying never stops, haha. I miss school, but I'm not complaining about work. It's kinda enjoyable.

I accompanied Pat to Camp Sunshine's opening ceremony at Siloso Beach's Emerald Hall this morning. For the uninitiated, Camp Sunshine is a camp organized for terminally ill children.

The one hour I was there filled me with a palette of emotions. I was really impressed with the number of volunteers who took time out for the camp, and the energy radiating within the hall was infections. You know, some of the kids have actually got rosy cheeks and tanned complexions. At first glance, I never would have guessed they were ill.

It certainly makes one think of how fortunate they actually are. There's a saying that goes some sort like, "Don't complain about how you don't like your legs. Be thankful you have them." A totally inaccurate version, but at least I remembered the gist of the phrase.

In a world where people are constantly complaining about how they're shortchanged, we often don't realise how lucky we actually are to be able to live without worrying if cancer cells will spread. Good health is indeed something to be thankful for. Humans like to look for the bad in life, never realising that they've overlooked the good and taken it for granted. I'm guilty, haha.

Ah well. Balloon Hat Festival at Siloso Beach tomorrow and Sunday, from noon to evening. Do come down if you can, it'll be loads of fun. :)

No comments: