Sunday, June 05, 2005

Balloons, Brass and Bust

Oh Baby Baby it's a Wild World

It's Sentosa's 2nd Balloon Hat Festival this weekend, and I was there yesterday, supposedly shadowing Eileen to observe media relations. Turned out that most of the media were coming today instead, but ah well, I've got priorities.

Didn't do much, 'cept for talking to my director, as well as doing abit of catching up with my juniors who were volunteering at the event.
There was a school with the band members dressed in hawaiian shirts and a guy dressed as Elvis in front. Don't think they played Blue Hawaii though, but it was quite a sight, lol.

Headed home to shower and to attend the club restaurant's opening. I hadn't planned on going as I'd expected the BHF to end late but thankfully, it ended early, so I rushed down to show my support for my brother and my dad. The food was pretty good and the place was packed! :D

I'm at Jason's place now, but he's sleeping like a post-camp log with Racky and Little Meatball. My auntie found Little Meatball while she was clearing out the cupboards last night. :) It's a starshaped pink soft beanie baby.
I actually busted my wallet buying his gift prior to meeting him, and I am bursting with excitement. Need to hold my tongue though, haha, but it's proving difficult. So it's probably not such a bad thing he's asleep.

SIP really brings out a different side in people. I was talking to Jason about the issue that's been bothering me recently, and he's found the perfect word for it - insincerity. No wonder people say that it's a dog eat dog world out there.
Don't wanna be a real-life case of the pot calling the kettle black, so I reflected upon myself. I think I am guilty of it at times, but it's never too late to reign myself in. :)

Speaking of dogs, Budi's back! Poor guy's been suffering from tick fever the couple of days, thus the absence. Alright, off to wake the log and to dabao food for Martian Attack.

No comments: