Saturday, June 18, 2005

Class 95 Slow Rock Weekend

I pushed myself a little too hard during my morning run today. I was breathing a little too hard when it ended, and I had to lie down on my couch for a minute when I got home to get my heart rate back to normal. Headed to CH's poolside for a chat in the sun after brunch, and I've got rosy cheeks now. A good deviation from the sun-deprived yellow I was turning for sure! How ironic - I'm sun-deprived working on an island. Haha.

Went Father's Day shopping with Jason (bumped into Sarah and spotted Constance Song), before heading to his granny's place for steamboat. Haven't been there in eons. There was tons of food as usual, and the tiny ones were just as mischievous. It's always a little overwhelming for me because I am not used to such large family gatherings outside of Chinese New Year, but it was heartwarming. They were all wishing him safety for his army enlistment. :)

I don't think I am as good a multi-tasker as women are made to be. Whilst juggling my bag, yakking to Jane on the phone and closing my door, I hacked off a tiny piece of my finger on the hinges. For a moment, I stared at the hole waiting for the blood to start oozing, and when it did, I screamed bloody murder. Haha!

Time to indulge in my pre-bedtime novel. Pretty exhausted actually. I was up till 3am last night writing a song, but I still can't compose a suitable melody to go along with the lyrics. Shall approach it with the same approach to love - Inspiration will find me. I shall not seek it. Haha!

Night world. Sunday awaits.

No comments: