Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ramen, laksa and rosy noses.

Ramen, laksa and rosy noses.


On Monday, Erwin copped out on our morning tanning session for more sleep and Mcdelivery, so we met for lunch at Bon Gout, this quaint Japanese bookshop/cafe at Robertson Quay that I've wanted to check out since I first saw it years ago. And that night, his long-time friends finally met his uni cum india-survival pal, over more Japanese food. Yakitori this time.

That night, I stayed up late looking over photos of my Europe trip, reading one too many chapters of A Thousand Days in Venice, and chatting with B. He calls the picture of our coats in the previous post "the small universe we were living in" for the six weeks I was there. An utopian universe, I think.



Due to the late night (or early morning if you prefer), I had to drag my arse out of bed to meet Ern for our Johore day trip. Turns out the trip was worth all that dragging, as I got to eat authentic Penang laksa, watch a cheap and yet-to-be-released-in-Singapore movie, and score myself some pretty good buys. And it was my first time in Johore! Ironic 'cos of all my traveling I know, but better late than never!



Playing pass the hat. Erwin and I finally headed to Sentosa for some sunshine early this morning, before meeting Charlene for ice-cream.


Sarong, beach bag, straw hat, bikini. This I've decided, is the essence of my life.

I'm not exactly in the chirpiest of moods right now. A bad cocktail of hormones and a non-confrontational past. Will be good after sleep.

No comments: