Thursday, July 10, 2008

BCB's last French Rendezvous.

BCB's last French Rendezvous.






On Monday night, Marine, Romain, B and I gathered at Chào Bà Café in Pigalle for our last rendezvous in France. We shared food and cocktails (the publicized 'bowl-sized' glasses were a huge exaggeration), while fighting to get ourselves heard over the "1 and 2 and 3" instructions from the on-going salsa class.

After, we made the impromptu decision to come back to the flat to chat and drink some more. Over drinks, cacahuètes (my favourite French word: peanuts)and lavender chocolate, we watched snippets of the famed Go to Goa video, reminiscing the boring but carefree days and oddly, missing MICA just a little.

Inspired, we made great plans to meet in a secret location some time in September. I'm not sure if it would eventually materialize, but it is something to hold on to, for I don't know when I would see them again if not this September. Unless of course Marine's plan to visit Indonesia and Romain's plan to get an internship in Singapore both materialize!


I've spoken about this countless times, but I am always a little surprised that these friendships fostered over endless cups of midnight chai in MICA have lasted the time and the distance. When we said goodbye in India in March, I was all teary when I hugged Marine and Romain, for I thought that it was the last time I was going to see them in a long while. Yet here I am in their country three months later, seeing them on a regular basis. It's surreal.


One last group hug. I wasn't teary at all this time for I knew deep down inside that I would see them again in a not so distant future. And remember, it's not au revoir, but à bientôt.

No comments: