Thursday, April 10, 2008

My epiphany.

My epiphany.



For a good part of my time here in India, I've felt like I've got cobwebs in my mind. Sticky and lingering, the delicate webs spin a layer of haze over my thoughts. My thought processes have dulled, and most of the time it's easier succumbing to the fog than fighting it.

If I had to be perfectly honest, I would admit that the cobwebs had already lodged themselves in my head long before I left for India. Monotonously living life and taking it one day at a time, I've been oblivious to my hidden desire to be hit with a revelation. A ray of light that would bestow upon me the enlightenment I had been awaiting.

Somewhere along my three months of existence in this dome of a campus (where my most intellectual thoughts involve dinner and wardrobe choices), I stopped seeking the answers to life. And in the cheeky way life works, the answers dawned when I stopped searching for them.

Yes, I had my epiphany today, at dusk.

It's unexpected and even a tad surreal. I was just telling a friend, who is at life's crossroads, that the best solution could be to let instinct lead. Life would bring you to the path you're meant to be on ultimately, I told her.

It may take me around a dozen forks and bends, but I'll get there. And no, I am not revealing the details of the epiphany. It's too minor, and would probably disappoint with its lack of impact. So let's just leave it at this - I had an epiphany today.

No comments: