Monday, June 04, 2007

Last night in the city.

Last night in the city.

It's our last night in Saigon city, and a bunch of us have just returned from a "damn shiok" massage at the parlour across the road. That's been our daily routine for the past three nights - massage at 10:00 p.m., not that I'm complaining that's for sure. Averaging at about S$15 including tips for an hour of head, neck, back and feet bliss definitely is money well spent to me. It's not dirt cheap like in Bangkok, but affordable in comparison to what we have back home.

We're headed to the Mekong Delta first thing in the morning, and we'll spend our remaining two days in Vietnam by the river. After being cooped up here in the city for four whole days, I am looking forward to the change in landscape. I opted out of the impromptu shopping trip to one of the malls earlier for some needed me-time. Hopped over to Black Cat for a drink, and as I was the only patron at the odd hour, Manh the waiter had plenty of time to tell me his life story.

I was happy to have the evening to myself, until Bradley and Petrina told me about the awesome buys they found in the shopping mall. The best shopping they've seen so far, with S$15 Mango shorts and S$12 Mary Janes. Dang. Life's not just about materialistic possessions, right?

No comments: