Monday, June 18, 2007

Emotional embargo.

Emotional embargo.
feeling: sleepy
music: flamingos - i only have eyes for you

It's been day after day of activity. Planning. Meet-ups. Trip research. The big ball. Pretty tiresome SAO liasing. And the I-wanna-pull-my-hair-out issue of time-tabling.



Caught the Fantastic Four movie with the Terrific Trio.



Gave Marc fashion advice.

And finally, after all the build-up and frenzied last minute shopping, the big ball.



Spanish senoritas. My red flower got Marc and I into some embarrassing sabo.



The planned proposal. The emcee got the girl to go on stage and blindfolded her on the pretext of playing a game. Cue: lights off, guys gathered in front of stage.



This was how it looked like. She said yes. :) She didn't look ecstatic or anything, just calm and somewhat awkward. I think I would have bawled/screamed/pounced if the love of my life proposed. But that's just me.



Post-ball munchies and shisha at Samar on Arab Street. Feels like we're in a bedouin tent.





Demonstrating smoke rings. Mich has the don't-screw-with-me-now-I'm-smoking look, Marc kinda looks like Puff the Magic Dragon, while I suspect Daniel's lungs are unwordly inflatable.



We proceeded to Mr. Bean Cafe on Prinsep, and didn't leave till about 5 a.m.



Which explains why I was pooped the next day. With barely 5 hours of sleep, I trundled the family down to Victor's Kitchen at Sunshine Plaza for a Father's Day brunch. Being the avid food blog reader I am, coupled with my dad's sudden dim sum craving, I took them to try out the dim sum much raved about on food blogs. We ordered a cartload, and it came up to only about 65 bucks for 6 of us. That's dad and mom, mucking around with the bottles in my brother's new cafe-bar.





And today, a much-needed catch up on the beach with my roomie Ede. We had a little picnic of muesli bars and fruit salad, and talked like how we did back in hall.

It's to the beach again tomorrow with CH and Ken, and perhaps out to dinner with Mich and my new friend Lixia.

I've got more to do, some of which I am dreading - like having to go down to the SAO office with the stamp and the cheque, having to clear out my wardrobe and my room for the renovation, clearing the endless emails, and having to go all the way down to Ubi for driving.

But there are things to look forward to as well - like dweeb's promised picture-worthy "gorgeous" sunrise; Friday night's cookout with the Spottiswoode gang; Krabi-planning once Lanxi gets back from the land of Mount Fuji; next Friday's Wala Wala night out with my babes; and Ikea for room ideas and meatballs with the Trio soon, hopefully before FOC or Jared will be off pursuing worldy pleasures in USA.

On a different note, after countless emails, suggestions and the long hiatus, the girls and I finally booked our holiday trip. We're headed to... Redang! Already, Daph (the woman who never stops) has emailed us a list of things we can do there, which includes boogie-ing in a beach disco. Sounds good! I am definitely looking forward to the snorkelling, and crystal clear waters. Ahhh.

And I really need to sit down and write. Speaking of which, my article was published in the June issue of Shape Magazine. :) Right now though, I need sleep.

No comments: