Friday, June 22, 2007

Sunrises and car crashes.

Sunrises and car crashes.
music: nickelback - far away

We didn't quite make it for the darkened sky turns pink stage of sunrise, and the last kiss of night was seen from inside the car.



Bathed in the day's first light and with a slight sting of the dawn's bite still in the air, Upper Pierce had a quiet beauty that surpassed the need for rosy hues.



The play of light resulted in a subtle riot of colours reflected on the calm reservoir waters, almost as if a rainbow had burst and fallen into it.



On the rocky bank, morning glories in the palest of lavender turned their sleepy faces to greet the day.



We made our way down a rolling hill, and this shot I took from where I was standing below made me think of the novel If You Could See Me Now by Cecilia Ahern.



I felt like I had entered a world of make-believe, where the sun hung not only in the sky but also suspended in the still waters...



Where clouds floated on water...



And where earth, sky and water existed as one.







While Dweeb goes off scavenging for fishes, I find myself a giant amongst giants.



This spot looks like a page in an Enid Blyton novel. A serene sanctuary untouched by time and logic; where red-faced children drank from stream waters and had tea with fairies in their tree trunk homes.



This other spot makes me think of Malaysian rainforests, and I could almost imagine jungle children swinging from the vines and diving into streams.



These concrete dams made me think of white water rafting and waterfalls.





I thought I'd try a shot and post a shout-out from a faux waterfall.



Bad attempt I know, but you can't blame a girl for trying.

After a damn shiok prata breakfast at Casuarina Curry, our dilemma as to where to head to next were shelved when a mini collision occured, sending the quiet morning into a flurry of panic, car workshops and the dreaded parentals. Can't and won't go into details, but nobody's hurt thank goodness.

No comments: