Friday, June 08, 2007

I wanna dance a tango with chance.

I wanna dance a tango with chance.
music: missy higgins - going north

A quick snap update before more add up, what with the wedding, Fosters and Wala's, the girls, the ball and all in the coming week.



The Botak Burger at Botak Jones. The food wasn't orgasmic, maybe 'cos I wasn't that hungry, but it was pretty good.

Then there was Ceci's birthday, a cosy celebration at Canele's in Paragon.





Canele can never quite go wrong with their desserts. Didn't manage to snap a picture of the boys.

Hit the beach with my longest beaching buddy Lanxi before she jetted back to Japan. I haven't seen her in months and my kaki has turned frighteningly fair! A result of long sleeves and too many days indoors she says. Well, the sun sure was out in full force. And Sentosa's less than clear waters has hatched out plan to hit Redang after she returns. Woohoo. Fishes here we come.



Caught the lifeguards in action. Some poor boy cut his feet pretty badly. I wanted to take a picture when they canoed him over to our side with his bleeding foot, but my conscience got the better of me.




Headed over to Vivo after our sushi lunch to embark on my hunt for a dress for next Saturday's ball. And who oh who should I bump into but my dear cousin Mr. LV Bradley?

Cotton and beach dresses from summer collections were everywhere, and the rare formal dresses I saw were almost cringeworthy. I'd almost given up, until we stepped into Warehouse. I kinda had the idea of a toga-styled dress in mind, and wonders of all wonders, that was what I saw hanging on the racks. It was everything I could have imagined, 'cept that it wasn't the full length gown I had wanted. Despite that, I tried it on and it really felt quite right. Luxurious folds of black silk and sheer chiffon. I was infatuated. And it was a steal, more like a robbery actually, at a discounted price of $69, down from its usual $269. But yet, I hesitated due to its length. Oh the dress was grand, but...

And so I left the shop after checking to see there was one in my size left in the storeroom, and set about wandering the rest of the mall to satisfy my curiosity. Yet in that hour, all I could think about was the dress, and I was seriously fretting that it'd be gone. With that thought, I was sure. I headed back, and thank heavens it was still there. And now it's mine.



Not exactly a good shot, but I don't possess octopus arms. Any ideas how to Spanish-fy it, apart from the "red rose in your hair"? And no, those aren't the shoes I'll be wearing.



Just a couple of hours earlier, a fire blazed on in one of the blocks in my estate. I think it went on for a good 45 minutes until the firefighters managed to put it out. I thought I heard a couple of mini explosions as well, but I wasn't exactly at the best vantage point. It was scary. Surreal. And scary.

No comments: