Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Return to Brotzeit.

Return to Brotzeit.
feeling: impressed



The almost-empty restaurant I visited on Saturday was bustling today. Many have apparently turned to beer as the antidote to the Monday blues. The crowd of mostly executives would have normally turned me off, for I am one of those who never think they're old enough. Weird I know, especially since I'm already turning 21 this year.

Amidst the sea of ties, blouses and shiny shoes, Ceci and I didn't feel an inch out of place in our tanks and Birks. We ordered a sausage platter, as well as a beer to share. And we had the sachertorte, which is worlds apart from the one we had at "my Austrian lover's place".

A group of school kids were walking by the steps outside the restaurant, and one of the girls unfortunately tripped and skinned her knees. One of the boys came by Brotzeit and asked for serviettes and ice. No stuffiness or rude tsk-ing here. The manager willingly fetched ice to the girl, and even asked about her knee. I was impressed.

And halfway through our meal, he actually came by the table and asked if we were enjoying the food. Quite like the headwaiter's role we were taught back in Hospitality Management. I am seriously impressed.



Cheers.

No comments: