Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pleasure trip for the arty farts.

Pleasure trip for the arty farts.
music: norah jones - little room



Together with Ceci, who's fortunately always up for a bit of local sightseeing, I headed down to Haji Lane to check out PITCH BLACK for my article. I'd heard many a rave about the kooky boutiques at Haji, but I've always assumed the outskirts to be all there was to the isolated cranny. I was so, so, wrong, and I'm definitely gonna check back there one day, when I'm less strapped for time. Chanced upon this beads and knick knacks shop, and I picked up a poster for my dance-fanatic roomate. Unfortunately, I lost it somewhere along my messy day. I'm pretty cheesed off. It would have lifted her Monday blues.


I wonder who placed the chairs there.

PITCH BLACK ranks pretty high on my must-visit-ometer right now. It is, simply put, a movie cafe, and after churning out two 600-word articles, describing the intricacies of the place is the last thing I wanna do right now. They're screening Before Sunrise and Before Sunset tomorrow, and I want to go rather badly. Unfortunately, I've done way too little over the past few days for me to be able to afford this tiny luxury. Ah well, there's always next time.

Brought Ceci over to Liang Seah for Ah Chew's Desserts, before cabbing down to The Arts House for a last minute coverage of another cafe. I don't quite have nice things to say about the place, and I almost sucked the life out of myself attempting to write a neutral write-up void of biased emotions, so I won't even go there.

We had a couple of hours left before Ceci was due to meet her mom, so we hopped on the annoyingly jerky bus to Queensway, where I was supposed to hunt for my elusive swimsuit. Instead, I spent a tiny fortune on all the gear that rationale had, for far too long, convinced me was a waste of money. I'd intended to test them out tomorrow morning before the potluck lunch with the IG gang, but seeing that it is almost 3 a.m., I guess I'd better leave the running till later in the night.

Zipped over to Ikea as well to check out chairs, desks, bookshelfs, tv tables and blinds. I think I've got a rough idea of what to get, and I'll probably go by the week after next if time permits. Decorating, I tell you, is incredibly exciting.

Shoutout: Thank you dear babe for accompanying me on today's messy trip! :)

The weekend's almost over, and I feel like I've barely gotten a headstart on the things I have to do to get me through the coming week alive. Need sleep. Now.

No comments: