Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Strangers.

Strangers.
feeling: the achey lovin' feeling
spinning: michael bolton - to love somebody

To me, a successful chick flick is one that has me swooning for at least a week after. While it's been a long time since a chick flick last shot an arrow through my heart, I am still holding out for the one romantic flick that will once again leave me walking around in a love-drugged state.

She Is The Man was enjoyable and worth quite a few good laughs, but (now, even Ceci - the Queen of Romance agreed), it was a little too cheesy. What impacted me tonight however was not the movie, but the audience who caught the flick together with us. Each time Amanda Bynes pulled off a crazy stunt, we cheered and clapped and in that moment, we were more than just mere strangers sharing a cinema. And in that moment, Singapore just got a little smaller and cosier.

Got home with eight minutes to spare to catch North Shore. Guess what. The season finale's next Tuesday. And that's it! That's all the North Shore dosage I am gonna have. Damn. Tuesdays will never be the same again.

Well, the recent episodes have definitely topped my romance chart. Today's episode had Delta Goodrem and MJ (one of the leads) singing To Love Somebody and now I can't get that song out of my mind. I really really can't wait to see Jason and Nicole, Gabriel and Lisa, and MJ and Chris get back together. I bet you think I'm blabbering. Here, the lyrics of To Love Somebody to save your sanity.

There's a light
A certain kind of light
That never shone on me
I want my life to be
Lived with you, lived with you

There's a way
Everybody say
To do each and every little thing
But what does it bring
If I ain't got you, ain't got

You don't know what it's like
Baby, you don't know what it's like
To love somebody, to love somebody
The way I love you

In my brain
I see your face again
I know my frame of mind
You ain't got to be so blind
And I'm blind, so very blind

I'm a man
Can't you see what I am
I live and breathe for you
But what good does it do
If I ain't got you, ain't got you

You don't know what it's like
Baby, you don't know what it's like
To love somebody, to love somebody
The way I love you

No comments: