Saturday, June 10, 2006

In introspection.

In introspection.
feeling: introspective?
spinning: john mayer - comfortable

Today feels like such a long day despite the long nap I took in the afternoon. Restless energy's coursing through my veins and I have no idea how to let it out. My body's not yearning for a run or a swim and lethargy is all I have to combat the nerves. Sinking my seemingly limp body into the couch, tuning out the sounds of MTV blaring in the background and allowing my mind on a trip to a Nora Roberts spun Ireland seemed good enough for awhile. Only for awhile.

Like I told my sister when I crouched beside her in front of the washing machine as she nursed a cigarette, it feels like Christmas today. Perhaps it's the slight chill in the air.

I feel like I'm waiting for something that I'm not sure I want anymore. Am I so set in my comfort zone that my innermost dreams and wants have been blurred to seem unreachable? Will there be a rainbow after the rain, and will I find my pot of gold at the other end of it?

No comments: