Wednesday, June 07, 2006

As lovers go.

As lovers go.
feeling: inspired
spinning: mig ayesa - baby i love your way

A friend was telling me today about the "break-up season". Apparently, January to June are the favored months for break-ups, while July to December are favored for hook-ups. I can't vouch for it entirely, but I do know that quite a few couples are going through rather rough patches of late.

Along with the good times, I am pretty sure most relationships would have had their fair share of the bad. Arguments... tears... tension. Caught in the storm of such dark clouds, one inevitably and usually wishes for an escape to a sunny place. But seriously, stay too long on a sundrenched isle and see if you will wish for the coolness of rain. Such is the insatiable contentment of humans. Next time you're caught in the storm, try wishing for an umbrella instead.

I guess what I am trying to say is that when arguments and conflicts arise, it is easy to be clouded by the ugliness and to lose track of what it is about that person that you fell in love with. Try looking past the obstacles and feel with your heart.

Now, I've had my fair share of shit and there were times when I was almost at a complete loss. What I've learnt though is that when one's vision clouds over, the heart feels what the eyes can't see. Each time I heard a love song and had the lyrics play in my head, uncertainties became just that bit more certain. And I wish the same for you. Now, scoot here and listen to Mig Ayesa's rendition of Baby I Love Your Way.

I know I've said it one too many times, but his performance gets to me everytime!
"Usually during a performance, I am busy thinking of what comments to give after. During yours however, all I could think of was how much I love my wife." Carmen Electra's hubby Dave, who is one of the judges on Rock Star INXS, says it all.

Shadows grow so long before my eyes
And they're moving across the page
Suddenly the day turns into night
Far away from the city
But don't hesitate
'Cos your love
Your love won't wait

Ooh baby I love your way
Everyday
I wanna tell you I love your way
Everyday
I wanna be with you night and day

I can see the sunset in your eyes
Brown and grey and blue besides
Clouds are stalking islands in the sun
Wish I could buy one out of season
But don't, don't hesitate
'Cos your love
Your love won't wait


Ooh baby I love your way
Everyday
I wanna tell you I love your way
I wanna be with you night and day

Baby I love your way

Love aside, I am now an official graduate of Diploma in Hospitality Management, Temasek Polytechnic! Pictures another day. The day's hype has got me all worn out. Night folks.

No comments: