Saturday, June 17, 2006

Acceptance.

Acceptance.

I think my Ireland fever has subsided. And I think you guys probably have had enough of all that Irish ranting! While my current book, a more chick-lit-y read by aptly titled The Bride Wore Chocolate, has yet to get me all hot about Boston where it is set, I have quite the urge to try out one of the many chocolate recipes featured inside. Hmm, maybe I will.

My Nokia phone fell apart on Thursday. (About time I say!) I shall not go into details except that I've replaced it with a sleek Motorola V3. In fuschia. I was actually undecided between that and classic black, but the Starhub guy sealed half the deal by telling me that it is a limited edition, and the other half by telling me about its connection to Maria Sharapova. I'm not a fan of hers, but the celebrity connection tempts me EVERYTIME. No regrets though, I'm diggin' it.

Dined at Blu Jaz (again) last night with Ceci. The place always makes me feel like I'm away on a resort holiday and their Chicken Salad is pretty darn good. Speaking of resort holidays, I think we will be going for our own sometime next month. 2 direction-blind girls + 1 tropical island = a recipe for adventure (I hope)! Anyway, till our island getaway becomes official, here's a list we came up with after always talking about wanting to check this and that place out but never getting around to it.

To Go List
  1. Prince of Wales pub
  2. Whatever Cafe
  3. Indochine Wisma
  4. Indochine Waterfront
  5. Giraffe Bistro & Bar
  6. Little Bali pub
  7. Moon River Cafe
  8. Eclectic Cafe
  9. Liang Seah Street
  10. Hooters
  11. Max Brenners
  12. V Tea Room (repeat to try more desserts)
  13. Fosters
  14. Dome Cafe
  15. Marmalade Pantry

Apart from the bunch of punkass youngsters who irritated the shit out of Jason and I on our bus ride home (though I started having to disguise my giggles with coughs after one of them attempted singing), my life's pretty much mundane! Oh yes! I dreamt of a bride jumping off my block on 16 June 2006. Which was yesterday by the way. And that her veil floated to my room. BLOODY HELL! I'm still creeped.

No comments: