Sunday, June 25, 2006

Blow my mind.

Blow my mind.

While flipping through my Phuket pictures a couple of weeks back, Jem looked at me and said, "Wow you take really good pictures! Can I blow up some for my room?" Now, for someone who has constantly been told "I think you'd better go take some photography lessons", that compliment had me in awe for a good three weeks.

I once read in a Jayne Ann Krentz novel that there are pretty pictures (which most can take given luck) and then there are pictures. Pretty pictures are just attractive and pleasing to the eye. Pictures on the other hand may not necessarily be pretty but they come alive and draw you in. Now, I think I just got lucky at Phuket. However, if I really do intend to plunge into journalism (Lord bless my soul), then I will definitely book myself a couple of lessons.

What spurred this whole entry on photography was actually one of Jason's pictures. His explanation of the story behind the picture and the caption had me dumbfounded. He sure has one hell of a complex mind.

I'm thinking. Now I know I am not academically dumb, but I am definitely not political or general reading savvy either. (Simply put, I am almost certain I will choose a fashion magazine over a book on European history.) Pit me against someone who's well-read in politics and world history and I will be seen as the bimbo. Even if my knowledge of fashion is equivalent to that of that someone's knowledge in politics. Now is that a fair judgement? Think Jessica Simpson.

Complex talk aside, I had a pretty good week. I got to catch Just My Luck on my girly night out with Ceci. Sometime through the show, it finally clicked that Samaire Armstrong (from The O.C) is the female lead in Daniel Powter's Bad Day video! I can't believe it took me that long to put two to two together.

And I finally visited Villa Bali after much talk about it. For the uninitiated, Villa Bali's a bali-type bar in Little Bali Singapore. Flora, fauna, wood... I like. And the company, though rather eclectic, worked out pretty well. A pity I'd forgotten to bring my camera or I would have definitely snapped some shots.

My train of thought's kinda running all scattered, as you can tell from my post I'm sure. Time to hit the sheets and recharge. And regroup. Night world.

No comments: