Friday, April 28, 2006

Tales and denials of the material girl.

Tales and denials of the material girl.

You have all probably had it with my griping over the past two entries. Good news - the lugging's over, for now. So the griping's over too, for now. I counted through the receipts and I think I've returned over 50 bags in the past four days! Watch out! Here comes Superwoman Jr!

Well, the somewhat ambiguous start to my writing career probably started today. Apart from research on nail services (now I know all the good deals ha ha), I was given a piece to write about one of the boutiques in town. Okay, so it isn't exactly cutting-edge writing but more of formulating a lust-worthy piece out of a press release and a visit to the shop later... but still, it's a start!

Earlier on, my editor passed me a bottle of Miss Sixty perfume and a tube of mascara, said nothing and walked away. I was stunned for a moment before emailing my stylist to ask if it was for me to keep or to do some review. (Too malu to ask out loud in the office right.) It's for me to keep!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha! I think Miss Sixty's giving me a sign...

I bet you're now thinking - materialistic girl. I guess I am, and we all are, to a certain extent? The perks are definitely enticing, but really, there's more to it than that, give me some credit.

No comments: