Saturday, April 15, 2006

The next best thing to Darwin's sunset markets.

The next best thing to Darwin's sunset markets.

feeling: anxious (i don't wanna hop around in the rain!)
spinning: jack johnson - in between dreams

I've got approximately thirty minutes to twiddle my thumbs before I'm due to jump into the shower. I'm meeting Ceci for a bout of flea market hopping - hello Clarke Quay and Substation before we'll head back here for my aunt's popiah.

I remember reading an article on Darwin (in Australia) and its annual summer festival with sunset markets whilst on the flight back from Bangkok. I can't see myself visiting the place this year what with my current situation (upcoming internship plus dwindling bank account in particular). Add to that the fact that I am a terrible saver and I am definitely not going anytime soon... unless I start buying the lottery or something. I'm still getting jibes from meanies about the supposed "Gold Coast turned Bangkok" holiday.
I'm paying tribute to your fantastic saving skills here Fagan. Perhaps you'd be the first among the four of us to become a self-made millionaire? Lol.

Anyway, I figure that today's flea market trip will be the closest I will get to those sunset markets for awhile.

Fourteen minutes to shower time. Hit it!

No comments: