Thursday, April 06, 2006

Making sense of it all

Making sense of it all

feeling: reflective and just a tad mixed up
spinning: alicia keys - loving you

This is so weird. Just 30 minutes ago, all my thoughts were carefully laid out in my mind and I couldn't wait to get my hands on my keyboard to start blogging. 30 minutes later, after a 'lil msning and surfing the online Victoria Secrets catalogue, I am at a loss for words. A few years back, Jem and I termed this inability to express ourselves LOPOE - Loss of Proficiency of English. Haha. And the moral? To strike while the iron is hot.

I'm having too much time on my hands, yet I can't find something constructive to do. Anyone owns a crane? Lift me out of this darn rut please.

I've been doing a hell lot of reading though. The amount of chick lit and contemporary romance I have subjected myself to has left me a little emo. There are times when I wish I can simply flip a switch and turn my brain and its tangled web of thoughts off. It amazes me sometimes how being in the correct company can provide a sanctuary, even if it's only for a couple of hours, from all the rambling thoughts and pent-up frustration.

One of the topics post-dinner today was the "balance in life". I was momentarily enlightened but truth be told, the way to getting a balance eludes me. So much for being a Libran, hah.

The acceptance letter to NTU's Communication Studies course finally arrived in the post on Tuesday. My lack of emotion baffles me. Well well. Loooooong bus/train rides, here I come.

No comments: