Sunday, April 09, 2006

The lady's back, don't go.

The lady's back, don't go.

feeling: motivated
spinning: the little willies

Don't start labelling me as dirty-minded, but I get a little chuckle each time I put on the cd. It might mean something else over in the States but... haha! I'm sorry. That said, the music's pretty darn good.

So who caught Miss Singapore Universe? I'm feeling pretty jolly that Carol Cheong won the crown - I've been rooting for her ever since they showed The Prelude a couple of weeks back. Is it just me or does she bear an uncanny resemblance to 2005's winner Cheryl Tay? Tay gets my marks for eloquence though. While I was screaming myself hoarse each time she scored, Jason was busy waving at Jade Seah, no doubt imagining she was waving back, lol.

Got myself a new set of swimwear to kick my ass out of my fitness plateau. I am becoming so lazy I swear. Ceci and I talked about trying belly dancing the other night over a HUGE but sumptuous dinner at PS Cafe. The PS Caesar was the ultimate. Fresh greens, tasty bacon and generous shavings of parmesan, topped with a soft boiled egg. So it is a far cry from healthy salads with fat-free dressing, but it is worth every inch-inducing calorie I assure you.

Oops I digressed. Back to belly dancing. So I finally have a promising partner to go try the exotic dance with! Will it get us Shakira's abs? If we shake our jiggly bits hard enough maybe. Oh well, I can always accompany her (Ceci, not Shakira ha ha) to kickboxing if the whole belly dance thing doesn't work out. Haven't stepped foot in the studio since 2004 I believe.

Plonked myself down at the computer for a good two hours this afternoon finally doing something about the current state of my life. I'm not gonna jinx things by letting the cat out of the bag... just keep your fingers crossed for me if you care.

Streets of Baltimore. I especially dig this track. I've realized my preference for songs which tell a story, a good example being Reba Mcintyre's Somebody. I'm really not sure how many of you would have heard that! On the latest episode of American Idol, I though I heard Kenny Rogers saying country music stand out because they tell a story. Does this mean I like country music? And does this make Streets of Baltimore a country song?

No comments: