Thursday, October 20, 2005

When the 3 Cs get the better of you.

When the 3 Cs get the better of you

On the third day after my fever, I fell back into the routine of muching on dark chocolate. (Yes, chocolate is one of the Cs. The other two are cookies and chips - chocolate's heaty counterparts.) My rationale: It is less heaty than munching on a box of popcorn, for one can only take so much of dark chocolate at a time, no? 5 days later, I have forgotten all about abstaining from chips and cookies, despite that tiny nagging bit of a sore left tonsil. Today, exactly 7 days later, I am paying for it. My left tonsil hurts like shit.

I got real irritated yesterday. Funny how people get in touch only when they need help. Since when did I become a weatherman, or photographer???

Dubai dates are out. 23 - 27 November. For the first time since the army claimed his 2 years' worth of freedom, our November anniversary falls on a Saturday - bookout day! And I'll be halfway round the world. Brilliant. Sigh.

An impromptu philosophical conversation with a colleague about life made me think. People often say that humans are brought onto Earth to suffer, but is that really true? Sure, I bet we all get our fair share of life's bitchiness, but there are also really beautiful moments worth all the bad that happens. If life were to be all sugar and spice and everything nice as Heaven is depicted to be, won't we start taking the nice-ness for granted? I think we need some sorrow to appreciate the joy and with that, I conclude that life really ain't that bad. It is as good as you want it to be.

Now now, when did I get so positive? :)

No comments: