Friday, October 21, 2005

Pink flowers and polo shirts

Pink flowers and polo shirts
Feeling: Introspective

It feels nothing like a Friday at work even though I'm all cooped up in the office. My mind's drifting with visions of flower gardens, cheerful blooms and English tea. And believe it or not, a blackforest cake is circulating around the office. Me being me, I took a slice. To think dinner with Huihui at Glutton Square tonight awaits. Hmm. Glutton Square. How apt. Haha!

"I'm on my own, a million miles away, temptation's all around. I won't be long, so please be strong, 'cos I'm holding on for you."
This verse's snitched off Liberty X's Holding On For You. I've spent too much time wondering how couples manage to stay faithful, and I've asked Jason that question too many a time. Seems like I've finally gotten my answer.

Temptation is really all around. No matter how perfect and attractive your other half may be, someone else will be bound to catch your eye, at least once in this lifetime (unless you spend your whole life in seclusion of course). While one's will to fight temptation will ultimately be put to test, I believe having a happy relationship is the foundation to fidelity.

When Jason and I went through a terribly rough patch back in 2004, temptation was as alluring as it could ever be, and the line between friendly bantering and flirting was crossed. Fortunately, that has been left in the past and things are better than ever now that we've cleared our heads to get our act together.

9 months later, with him away at army, temptation beckons yet again. (Come on, I'm not blind to not be physically attracted to someone okay.) This time around however, the urge to flirt ceases to exist. Seeing an eye-candy can probably make an otherwise mundane life a little less boring, but nothing beats the love and warmth that fills my heart each time I see my boyfriend when he books out. There's no more I hanker after - I've already gotten the best. :)

No comments: