Sunday, October 09, 2005

Scents good to me

Scents good to me

I read in an article somewhere that smells can trigger the most emotions/memories than any of our other senses can, and I agree completely.

The smell of chlorine in swimming pools makes me think of Friday evenings as a child, swimming with my dad in the pool at Marina Mandarin.

This particular fruity fragrance makes me think of my stay with my sis at Rasa Sentosa Shangri La in 2001.

A whiff of my Flower by Kenzo fragrance whisks me off to the time I first wore it for a date (that totally flopped) with this arty-farty guy.

CK Be makes me think of my brother. He's been wearing that scent since forever. (19 years at least, haha!)

The smell of Dove deodorant reminds me of my holiday to Bali in 2002.

The smell of lemongrass essential oils or lemongrass-scented candles reminds me of my sarong/ fisherman pants phase and then of Aileen and inokii, a shop I used to work at in Far East Plaza.

The smell of Pantene shampoo reminds me of my recent holiday to Tioman.

Smelling the skin beside Jason's lips always makes me feel comforted.

No comments: